We strive to create an institution which was able to meet the social needs of the society.
ESTABLISHMENTS OF THE INSTITUTION
Institution - for residents of Kretinga District.
Staff l - qualified providers of social services.
Aspects of work - assessment of basic personal needs, satisfaction, security, promotion of positive development in a person.
Principles of work – cooperation, participation, complexity, accessibility, appropriateness, effectiveness, versatility.
We strive to provide qualified service to clients by performing timely and accurate assessment of needs and problems. We provide services and use optimal opportunities, professional and financial resources to achieve the goal. We strive for realistic public image of our institution; we take care of the client and harmony of public and staff interests.
We look forward to a creative cooperation with partners in social work.
WORKING HOURS OF THE ADMINISTRATION
Monday – Thursday 8.30 – 17.00
Friday 7.45 – 16.15
Lunch 12.00 – 12.30
Saturday, Sunday is a day off.
KRETINGA SOCIAL SERVICES CENTRE ADDRESS:
Klaipėdos g. 135C, 97155 Kretinga
Tel.+370 445 78988, 78989
Fax.+370 445 78988
WE PROVIDE THESE SOCIAL SERVICES
● Mediation and representation;
● Organization of boarding;
● Provision of clothing and footwear;
● Organization of transport;
● Sociocultural services;
● Organization of personal hygiene and care services;
● Other general social services.
Services of social care:
● Assistance at home;
● Training and support of social skills;
● Temporary accommodation;
● Intensive assistance to overcome crisis;
Services of social guardianship:
● Short-term social guardianship;
● Long-term social guardianship.
RECIPIENTS OF SOCIAL SERVICES
● Social risk children and their families;
● Children with disabilities and their families;
● Children left without parental guardianship (orphans);
● Adults with disabilities and their families;
● Elderly persons and their families;
● Families at risk;
● Families who are guardians to children;
● Other individuals and families.
STRUCTURE AND FUNCTIONS
OF SOCIAL SERVICES CENTRE
● Maintenance Service;
● Family Aid Service;
● Child Care Service;
● Daily Activities Service.
● manages and is responsible for organizational, financial and economic activity
● provide the centre with tools and inventory;
● ensure the protection of property, equipment and safety at work requirements;
● take care of preparation facilities for work, sanitation and hygiene;
● take care of territory maintenance;
● provide transport services for the centre;
● arrange catering services;
● take care of laundry service organization.
Family Aid Service
● determine the needs of social services for a person or family living in Kretinga;
● provide technical assistance to persons with disabilities, mediate in vehicle repairs;
● provide social care (help at home) services for elderly, disabled persons and their families in order to preserve their independence, to live a full life in their own houses;
● provide social services for social risk families, help them develop social skills and motivation to create a safe and sustainable environment in their homes and family, maintain social contacts with the public;
● provide temporary accommodation services to mothers or fathers with children in critical situations;
● provide intensive support services to persons who find themselves in critical situations;
● provide short-term social care services to mothers or fathers with children, persons affected by domestic violence who find themselves in critical situations and are accommodated in Family Aid Service;
● make suggestions for Kretinga District Municipality Rights of the Child Protection Office on the family which should be removed from the list of social risk families or other sanctions should be applied to the family.
Child Care Service:
●provide short and long term social care services for the children left without parental guardianship and accommodated in Child Care Service;
● provide general social services for the child‘s guardian and the children who are taken care of by them;
● organize training of persons who are willing to become the child‘s guardians and adoptive parents, draw conclusions on their preparation to become the child‘s guardians and adoptive parents.
Daily Activities Service:
● provide social services (training and support of social skills, sociocultural and other), organize after school activities for the children from social risk families and social risk children participating in activities of Daily Activities Service.